This process is for teachers, staff, and students age thirteen and above.
Note: If you are under the age of thirteen and want to create an Apple ID, please see the Technology Coordinator for assistance.
Perform these steps on your Mac:
- Open the App Store.
- In the search field in the top right, type in the word FREE and press enter.
- In the search result attempt to install an free app.
- A window will pop up asking you to login with your Apple ID. Instead, click the Create Apple ID button.
- The “Welcome to the App Store” screen will appear. Click Continue.
- Agree to the terms of service and click Continue.
- Enter your school email address provide a password and security details. Provide valid information as you may need the information you provide later on to prove who you are. Click Continue.
At this point you will be asked for payment information. You will notice, however, that there is now a “None” option where you would normally select your card type. Choose this option and click Create Apple ID.
Once you’ve completed the registration process a confirmation email will be sent to your school email address. Verify your email address by clicking on the link in the email.