If you have created a school Apple ID and added a payment method, follow these steps on your Mac to remove the payment method.
Open the App Store.
- At the top of the window, click on Featured if it is not already selected.
- In the middle, left of the window you will see Quick Links. If you are not signed in, click on Sign In and log in to the App Store with your Apple ID. If you are signed in, you will see the words Welcome YOURNAME.
Click on Account.
- You will be asked to sign in to view your account information. Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click on the Edit > link to the right of the field Payment Type.
- When the Edit Payment Information page opens, click on None under Payment Type.
- Click the button titled Done at the bottom of the page.
Your payment method has not been removed from your Apple ID.